The 2021 Ford Explorer Towing Capacity
What’s the 2021 Ford Explorer towing capacity? Well the 2021 Ford Explorer is an SUV that is a jack of all trades. It can seat seven, has plenty of cargo space, the Ford Explorer max payload is impressive, and its towing capacity is 5,600 pounds when properly equipped. What’s even better is that the Explorer lineup features a hybrid SUV that also has an impressive towing capacity of 5,000 pounds. Now, those Cheyenne drivers who want to protect the environment now no longer have to compromise on power. Learn all about the 2021 Ford Explorer towing capacity and capabilities with %%di_name%!
The 2021 Ford Explorer Engine Options
For the 2021 Ford Explorer model year, this SUV comes with several powertrain options, including a hybrid option. We’ve listed them here for you along with brief descriptions so that you can get a better idea of what they are capable of on Fort Collins, CO roads:
2.3L EcoBoost® 4-Cylinder:
- 300 horsepower
- 310 lb-ft of torque
- 5,300 pounds of max towing capacity when properly equipped
3.0L EcoBoost® V6:
For Platinum trims:
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- Twin turbos
- Direct injection
- 365 horsepower
- 380 lb-ft of torque
For ST Trims
- 400 horsepower
- 415 lb-ft of torque
- 5,600 pounds of max towing capacity when properly equipped
- Hybrid powertrain
- 5,000 pounds of max towing capacity when properly equipped
- Fully off-road capable
Still have questions? Feel free to contact our team, and we’ll be able to give you more information.
Ford Explorer Towing Features
To make the most of the 2021 Ford Explorer towing capacity around Greeley, CO, make sure to consider the following features and take full advantage:
- Rear-wheel drive: By choosing this feature you don’t only get a sportier appearance, but you also improve your driving capabilities in the Explorer and increase the towing capacity by 600 pounds.
- Towing and Trailer Sway Control: You’ll be able to tow more easily and safely with this feature that brakes selectively and adjusts engine power to ensure trailer control and stability.
- Sidewind Stabilization: You won’t have to worry about strong winds with this program. It counteracts strong winds, giving you control.
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™: You’ll have ultimate control on Cheyenne roads with this feature, which allows you to switch between Normal, Mud/Rut, Sand, or Grass/Gravel/Snow modes.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™: AdvanceTrac® with RSC™ monitors yaw and roll rates using gyroscopic sensors. This helps retain control in the event of wheel-slip, understeer, or oversteer. Curve Control is also included, which slows the Explorer’s speed during tight cornering.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package: This package will give your Ford Explorer maximum towing capabilities! It is available for 2.3L EcoBoost® and 3.3L hybrid engines, but when you get the 3.0L EcoBoost® engine, it comes standard.
Also, don’t forget to contact our parts department to purchase a Ford Explorer tow hitch. It’s easily installed, but if you would rather we install it for you our service department will be happy to do so! You can even order your Ford Explorer tow hitch online!
Try the Ford Explorer For Yourself at Tyrrell Ford!
The best way to experience a car is behind the wheel! Come try the 2021 Ford Explorer towing capacity for yourself by taking one for a test drive at our Laramie dealership. Be sure to check our new vehicle specials before you come by, and find a great deal!
More From Tyrrell Ford
All-new and all-electric, the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning has been the talk of the town in Cheyenne – and industry experts and auto aficionados across the country have been anxiously awaiting more information about this EV powerhouse. And while preliminary specs have been announced, the latest findings reveal even more impressive results from the…
The 2021 Ford Bronco Sport is an adventure-ready SUV with serious off-road chops for Cheyenne thrill-seekers, but just how much is a Bronco Sport? The latest model starts at just $27,215 MSRP*, and you can take your pick of five different configurations available. That means that no matter your budget, you can find a…
So 118 years have passed what have we done in over of a century? We are still in the game making new cars, trucks, and SUVs. Cornered 13.9 % of the US automotive market. Headquartered in Dearborn Michigan it’s home to a model lineup. How do you feel when you see the blue seal?…